Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hawaii Repair Shop

· Things/Lessons I’ve Learned

Today I helped write my first Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), a contract which basically states the statement of work each company is going to complete. Fun Stuff.

· Any good that I have done

Yesterday I did two goods which I am pretty proud of.
1. Bought gifts for a toy drive at work. This is something my parents instilled in me. I chose a few super cool Star Wars figures.
2. I made a loan to a small business in Kenya, through www.kiva.org. I helped a guy buy a motorcycle to expand his taxi business. Check it out.

http://www.kiva.org/lender/aberndt

· Good things that have happened to me

I had a free lunch with a supplier. Free food is always good.

· Any new insights

During lunch my sales rep told us about his goal of opening up a helicopter repair shop in Hawaii. He had a plan and was starting his early steps to make it happen. I like it when people have big exciting goals, it makes life fun.


No comments: