Friday, January 26, 2007

Seven Habits

I recently completed reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. My mom recommend I read this book quite some time ago. However, at that time I’m not sure I was mature enough to understand the benefits. I think many of the items that Stephen Covey discusses will help keep me focused on what really matters. To do this I have started working on my own personal mission statement. Along with the personal benefits I’ll receive from this exercise, I think it will really help me write top-notch admission essay’s to business school. Yesterday I wrote down the first draft of a portion of the mission statement. I need to change the tense around, but it gets the point across.


I don’t want to be known as a stalwart. I want to be remembered as someone who was willing and able to grab onto the reins of change and yell, “HIT IT!”



No comments: