Friday, July 13, 2007

VP of PR for Parker Toastmasters

For most people public speaking is not a natural activity. It’s pretty close to some peoples worst fear. For anyone not aware, there is a non-profit group that can help, Toastmasters.

Toastmasters offers a proven way to improve your communication skills. By participating in a fun and supportive Toastmasters group, you'll become a better speaker and leader and gain confidence to succeed in whatever path you've chosen in life.
  • Deliver great presentations
  • Easily lead teams and conduct meetings
  • Give and receive constructive evaluations
  • Be a better listener


I started in Toastmasters 9-10 months ago and after getting past the initial fear have truly enjoyed myself. Last week I took on the role as Vice President of Public Relations. In this role I will be managing Parker Toastmasters public image and working on bringing new bodies in the door.


I have never had a role like this one in a non-profit environment. I am very excited to learn the ropes of PR and to spread the word about all the good that Toastmasters can bring to your
life.

Please check out http://www.toastmasters.org/


No comments: